Rentle is on a mission to make commerce more sustainable. We provide merchants with a commerce platform that removes friction and complexity from running circular business models under their own brand.
The product team is responsible for building the core platform product - a reliable, performant, easy to use solution, that thousands of merchants trust to run their business every day, with millions of consumers served every year.
As a Software Engineer at Rentle, you work in one of several cross-functional product development teams.
In concrete terms, this means:
- Planning, building and delivering new key functionalities to the platform.
- Working together in close collaboration with other engineers, product designers, service designers, and other stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Working in autonomous teams: you have the freedom and responsibility to find the best way to reach the objectives.
- You can work a full-stack role, or have a more T-shaped focus on the front- or backend, depending on your interests.
We work with technologies like Typescript, React, Svelte, Node, Firestore, BigQuery, and host infrastructure at Google Cloud.
In this role, we expect you to:
- Work with your team to turn objectives into actionable tasks
- Identify, design, and build new features and improvements to the product
- Plan the technical requirements and decide on the best tools and technologies for the work
- Deliver functional, tested, and high-quality code that makes you feel proud
- Review the code and work of other team members, and help them succeed
- Share what you learn, learn from others, and ask for help when needed in order to improve the knowledge and skills of the team
At Rentle we work to make commerce more sustainable by providing the merchants of the world a commerce platform designed for the circular economy.
Rentle removes friction and complexity from running circular business models under merchant's own brand. Entrepreneurs and brands can start, grow and manage businesses where a returning item is not an exception - but the assumption.
Let's build a world that was made to make less.